- An earned master's degree with a GPA of at least 3.25 from a regionally accredited institution and with an appropriate major. (see program-specific admission requirements under individual programs).
- Online application and non-refundable $50.
- Sealed official transcripts from every institution ever attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from three people who are familiar with your academic and/or professional capabilities and able to assess your intellectual abilities, maturity, and motivation. Recommendations from your professors are preferred. Recommendations are unacceptable if they are from family members, friends, those without experience in the research-based doctorate, or from those unable to evaluate your academic potential to succeed in the program to which you are applying. Letters of recommendations are requested and submitted electronically after you submit your online application.
- A resume/curriculum vitae (CV) that provides a short account of your academic background and professional experience.
- Proficiency in the English language. (Ph.D. students are expected to write numerous papers and a dissertation. Grammatical errors, spelling errors, and writing that does not express ideas clearly will affect a student’s grades and the completion of his or her degree. The faculty will not provide remedial help concerning grammatical errors or other writing problems. Applicants who are unable to write correctly and clearly are urged to seek remedial help before applying to any of the college’s programs.)
The college may request additional documentation to support the application. In addition, the applicants may submit standardized test scores or any additional documentation to strengthen their application.
You may request official transcripts and/or test score reports to be sent by mail to the address below:
Nova Southeastern University
Attn: Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
3301 College Avenue
P. O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
Your previous institution may submit an official electronic transcript to: email@example.com
Once you have submitted your application, you may view your supplemental items on your profile account and upload certain documents. If you want to upload additional documentation that are not listed, please inform the Office of Admissions.